We take great pride in helping you select images and artwork to decorate your home. We use software that allows us to show images from your session on your own walls in different sizes, frames and even groupings that we offer.
The key to this is getting an image from you. This would be taken and emailed to us prior to sitting down for your viewing session. This can be an image from a smartphone or any digital camera.
The process is pretty straight forward, but there are a few things that should be done for optimal results. Here is a guide on how to take the pictures.
- We need a reference for size to tell the software. The easiest way is to tape a piece of 8.5×11 piece of paper on the wall where you would like the picture/pictures to be. You can use anything as long as you know how long it is for reference.
- Step back to a normal viewing distance so you can easily see the entire area without having to move your head at all. You want to get a normal angle of view. Center yourself with the middle of where the pictures will hang. With an average smartphone you should be able to take a picture of the entire wall.
- Try to take the picture when there is plenty of even daylight lighting up the room. It doesn’t have to be super bright, just evenly lit.
- Now this is key, when taking the pictures try to have the camera as parallel with the wall as possible. Notice in the image below how I tried to keep the horizontal and vertical lines in the picture even with the edges of the picture. (Taken with iPhone 5s)
- Take a step forward and backward and take pictures from there as well. It will let us choose from the best perspective. This is not necessary but could be helpful.
- Now we can show you what your artwork will look like on your actual wall and help you to choose the appropriate sizes.
- Thats it. Email the pictures to [email protected] and if you used something other than an 8.5×11 sheet of paper please reference the dimensions of what you used.
Please contact us if you have any questions